Monday, November 18, 2013

Lots of reading and pondering!

With the mail not running last Monday for the holiday, it ended up that we actually got two letters last week as well as tonights email! Lots of reading!

11/7/13
Family,
     I am locked up in the apartment today, again. Elder Sobczak is sick again. So I get to write you! I am watching Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration. The work here is going great! If Elder S. gets feeling better, we are going to eat at the Vreekan's house then teach one of the non-member friends. Bro. Vreeken is actually Sister Cook's brother. Then after that, we are going to the Pixler's house to start re-teaching Garry with the Cooks.
    The missionary spirit is really starting to pick up here! I really love it! We just recently had one of the less-actives we were teaching become reactivated and called as the assistant to the ward mission leader. He is pretty young (like 21 or 22) and he got married and was baptized about a year ago. Him and his wife are Navajo. They are so nice and fun! Their last name is Mexican, haha! But they come teaching with us about once a week, now. It's pretty cool.
     There ar only like 3 native families in our ward. But they are all pretty cool to be around. I hope to be able to spend some time on the Rez. Is sounds so fun from what I've heard! I hope that Elder S. doesn't get transferred. I know how much the people like him.
     Well, it sounds like everthing back home is going pretty well. Tell Ris to enjoy her dates while she can because as soon as I am back, I may not wear a pink bro-tank anymore, but I am not above cleaning my gun on the dining room table. Tell Aub the same. And tell Sam I will probably just steal his girlfriend from him. No, that doesn't sound right. His girlfriend will leave him because she wants me so bad.
     Well, on that note....
Love y'all. Keep up the good work!
Elder Cade Joseph Robinson
P.S. Tell Addy thanks for the butterflies!

11/11/13
Dear Family,
     This week was pretty good. We taught 13 lessons over all. Which is pretty decent. I feel like it was a really productive week though! I feel like Elder Sobczak's and my mission here is Cortez 4th ward is to help the members trust missionaries again/more. We have really seen a difference for sure in that area! People are starting to introduce us to their non-member friends more now.
     I just heard something from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that has really got my mind spinning rounds right now. I probably do it no justice, but in sense he was explaining how during the great apostasy, no one received revelation or inspiration. And I can't quite wrap my mind around a world in such darkness (for lack of a better word). We just got done with a lesson tonight with a less-active who has a very limited knowledge of the gospel and evertime we go over he is amazed at how we show up at at just the right time and how we can teach him exactly what he needs to hear. And I tell him every time that he is entitled to that same inspiration and all other gifts of the spirit according to his obedience to commandments. Tonight, I think we really were able to prick his heart though. He has so much sympathy and curiosity about other's salvation. And tonight, I bore my testimony that he would be such a wonderful Priesthoos holder if he would allow himself to become worthy. Because the Priesthood is the authority to serve others. But first, he had to help us help him. I then told him, he had to start helping himself before he could help others.
     Anyways, I have been thinking all day and I can't think of what I would want or need for Christmas. I will keep thinking and try to get you a list by next Monday.
     Well, it is 10:20 PM. I am going to head to bed.
Love y'all.
Elder Cade Joseph Robinson
PS We were called as family history consultants today so we have to do that for 2 hours every Wednesday.

Today's email:
Well I am staying, But Elder S. isnt, He is going to Farmington To be a District Leader, Which is fitting. I am super excited to meet my new comp though His name is Elder Kay, I dont know too much about him other than i know eldr taylor loves him and i love elder taylor so i have some pretty high hopes! Elder Kay is actually from Swan Lake Idaho. I am way nervous to take on this area though, and everyone in the ward was heartbroken to hear that he is leaving. Bro. Riffey (the high priest group leader) was in literal tears yesterday it almost made me cry! Oh well i guess all ican do is my best And the Lord will have to pick up the rest.
Well I will write a letter to you later today. Even though i didnt get one from you! (We really did write one! Hope it got there today!) I did get grandpas and i Sent one back on saturday so you can let him know that is coming.
Love Ya!
Elder Cade Joseph Robinson

Sam wanted his email posted too, so here it is (he asked Cade lots of questions):

I didnt get Transferred, But my Companion did.
I do drive a truck it is a 2013 Nissan Frontier.
I dont think i need a hair cut, I just got it cut super short 2 weeks ago.
The most amazing thing that happened to me this week is that we got a guy to come to church for the first time in 17 years yesterday and he is getting ready to get the aaronic priesthood.
Love You Sam
Sorry this isnt too long
Elder Bro. Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment